Easy Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry muffins are an easy breakfast, snack, or lunchtime favorite. These are simple, and healthy too!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups Greek yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Whisk 2 cups flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk Greek yogurt, eggs, applesauce, brown sugar, water, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl.
- Toss blueberries with 1 teaspoon flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- Fold flour mixture into the Greek yogurt mixture. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Blueberries are packed with antioxidants and are high in potassium and vitamin C. Studies show blueberries can lower your risk of heart disease and cancer and have anti-inflammatory effects in the body.
For more healthy recipe ideas, keep an eye on our social media feeds @leducphysio!