August Special; 10% OFF Myofascial Balls
Myofascial release is a type of physical therapy often used to treat muscular pain (such as sensitivity and pain).
Myofascial release is beneficial for the fascia, muscles, nerves, skin, and blood vessels. Through the assistance of tools, an individual can break up and dissipate knots or restrictions in the fascia and muscle tissue surrounding it. By breaking up these restrictions the muscle fibers relax into better alignment and the fascia can move freely. Myofascial release has other benefits such as those below;
- Muscle relaxation: Reduces and eliminates stored tension in muscles, which aids in alleviating aches and pains.
- Suppression or reduction of trigger point sensitivity and pain: Promotes the release of endorphins to help reduce pain.
- Reduced soreness and improved tissue recovery: Increases circulation, allowing oxygen and other nutrients to reach the muscles and other soft tissues.
- Improved joint range of motion, which helps restore optimal length-tension relationships: Prepares joints for increased range of motion and loads that accompany stretching, strengthening and other dynamic
- movement exercises.
- Reduced adhesion and scar tissue which improves the elasticity of muscles and other soft tissues, to improve movement and reduce pain.
- Regulation of the production of compounds called cytokines, which play a role in decreasing inflammation.
- Increased activity in the mitochondria of cells; Mitochondria promote repair and growth of muscle tissue.
- Decreased overall effects of stress on the human movement system.
This month at Leduc Physio you can get our textured myofascial balls 10% off
If using a myofascial ball on your own isn’t working, our massage therapists can help work out those stubborn knots and deal with your muscle pain.
Want to learn how to use your myofascial ball at home? You can book a private 1 hour session with our Kinesiologist! Call our office at 780-980-5443 for more details.